View Single Post
      09-06-2020, 09:05 AM   #47
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
First week of virtual “pod” learning and it went as expected. A complete fucking waste of time. My wife spent most of the time being an IT tech when we hosted the “pod”. She also said having the boys was a lot more difficult than having the girls, but either way it was a disaster.

She asked our kids what they learned this week, and they both said history. When asked for an answer with more information, they both said that Cardi B was part of history, that’s it.

We are all in for a big awakening if this virtual shit goes on for an entire year, or more. Furthermore, a local teacher was caught trying to push her agenda on why the BLM is important. Elementary school kids don’t need to be indoctrinated into a social movement that has violence.
With all much of a epic disaster this virtual learning thing has been along with the harm it is causing to our kids, at least there is one positive which you have encountered. Now the parents can see what is being taught in the classroom and intervene when some rogue teacher decides to use their captive audience to push their own personal agenda.

This reminds me of a different situation. A while ago Vanessa Williams was performing live at the Kennedy Center. It was a free concert. The line wrapped around the one long hallway and out the front of the building. What the organizers did not tell us was that about 30 to 40 minutes of the beginning of the event was allowing some performers to push a political agenda onto us. I was royally pissed. I did not attend a concert to have someone lecture me on their political views. None of this was disclosed in the event announcement. Thankfully, Vanessa Williams took the high road and didn't have anything political in her performance.
Appreciate 0