04-03-2024, 02:38 PM   #63
BmwIowa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
I'm impressed with my PS-AS4's. I'd say they are maybe 90% of the grip at the limit in warm weather. Traction starts to break free earlier than with dedicated summer tires but it's still really high. Hooligan stuff you do when no one else is around or could get hurt. As for cold weather, they're great. I haven't had them in the snow, but it can be like 20F outside and they are totally fine. Though, I'm not at all pushing them then. The dedicated summer tires start to go downhill a lot by even like 40 degrees, really noticeable.

You'd probably guess it but if you were racing or autocrossing you'll be disappointed, but for street driving they're A-OK. I think the peak summer grip being lowered is outweighed by being able to drive them in cool weather. In MN at least, we get a ton of those days.
Totally agree on the PS-AS4 tires....have them on our MINI Roadster S for all season driving here in Iowa. Also do a bit of autocrossing on them and they work for that application too..fun but not a dedicated auto-x oriented tire by any means.

Our '23 x3 M40i "lost" its runflats early on () and have Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires...they are a quiet, nice riding and responsive all season tire that does fine in the white stuff too.
Appreciate 0