Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
Have you considered getting AAA?
I haven't shopped around. That one annoyance with me being stranded on the road was the first time I had that situation. I've been with State Farm since 1999. They've been pretty decent with me. I don't know if going to AAA or any other insurance company would be worth the potential cost increase. Even though I'm in the older demographic (although recently divorced), I don't know if that will be enough to offset the viewed increased liability inherent with my bikes. I have two sport bikes. I only carry full coverage on the Duc while my ZX-10R only has liability because of its age (2004). Insuring my Duc is only $400 a year with $250/500k liability coverage limits.
Dayum!!

400 a year for a Duc!?!?

I was close to 400 a month on my 1199s and 1299s in a densely populated area... but I ve also had 2 stolen bikes and 1 accident at an intersection when I was rear ended, so the underwriters show me no love, lol.

You dealing with a punctured rear tire is one of my worst fears since I travel over long distances frequently on my HP4.

Did you notice the damage to your rear tire while you were on the move or when you were stopped...?