View Single Post
      09-08-2020, 10:03 AM   #19
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
If you want "on the cheap, but new" then the chrysler pacifica is the one (even in hybrid if you want). Doesn't look horrible, but it's still a minivan.

My go to (and I've been trying to convince the wife for years and finally got her considering) is the 2021 Chevy Tahoe Z71 package. (the others aren't that eye catching imo with all the chrome bits).

Suggestions: Tahoe/Yukon
Big suggestions: Suburban/Yukon XL/Escalade

Notice no one is suggestion the ecoduds from Ford (expedition). There's a decently good reason.

Reasons for the Tahoe/Yukon:
New model (2021) has USB in all rows for the kids who love their phones. You can get the optional dual tv screens with integrated connections in the center console for the back seats (SSD in a game console and you have PS4/XB/Switch connected for those long road trips without crashing hard drives). You can fit comfortably 2 adults up front, 1 kid and a rear facing child seat in the middle captains chairs, and 2 in the back seat (independent suspension in the rear on the 2021 models so you have leg room for adult size people back there), and you can still fit carry-on luggage for all 6 of you in the back trunk area for a weekend getaway (or if you're like me, a carry-on will house a weeks worth of clothes and necessities). If you absolutely need extra space, a roof rack can be added (or what I do with my x3 is a tow hitch rack) and throw excess stuff into a water-proof container (I have a dewalt tool box from home depot, was like $80) secured with some ratchet straps. As previously mentioned, independent rear suspension on the new models means you will have a more compliant, comfortable ride on road trips than you would with the Escalade. Honestly can't remember if the new Suburban or Yukon XL have the independent suspension, but I would assume they did since they're all on the same chassis. I don't believe the Escalade ESV is on the new platform yet so it'd have the solid rear axle and less rear leg room.

Last edited by Joe240; 09-08-2020 at 10:14 AM..
Appreciate 0