View Single Post
      10-27-2019, 07:00 PM   #35
duder13
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cashmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Don't hold your breath. Look at Z8's and M Coupes if you want to see what sorts of numbers actually result in strong resale. The 1er is no where near those numbers and further, has the hugely unfortunate situation of having a wildly better and rarer model built on its basic chassis, the 1M.
Oh, I wasn't trying to imply the E82 was going to be the next Z8 or anything. I was responding to Gamb1t's earlier remark that the 1er will go the way of 3 series of old, while the Cayman will be more valuable. I'm not convinced that the Cayman will be considerably more valuable than the 135i down the road, especially compared to the 135is. The 1er is unique in that most enthusiasts think it's better than the 3er, yet it was built in considerably less numbers.

I don't think the 1M hurts the 135i's value as much as the M3 hurts the 335i, because the 1M production numbers are so low, and, without a real M engine, it isn't as "wildly" better compared to the 135i vs. the M3 and the 335i. Plus, BMW sold about as many 135i cars in the US as they did M3 cars.
Appreciate 0