View Single Post
      02-12-2020, 09:32 AM   #37
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
Yes, I am in this dilemma and not sure what I am going to do. I like being in an SUV for daily driver, but don't really want to be in a suburban type length for daily. It feels dumb to get this as a third car while still having two other SUV's. I also have no real desire to own a sedan or sportier car anymore. I am probably just going to need to suck it up and drive this sized car as my daily driver, or I guess I could try selling one of my kids...
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
With four kids, it’s about getting the job done. I’d personally dump one of the SUVs and get a Sprinter instead.
4 kids changes the game, I have 3, so I have a couple more options.

My wife drives the ESV and doesn't want anything else/smaller, she ends up carpooling with other moms for dropoff and pick up.

The two reasons we chose the ESV (initially didn't want something so long) are, first with the third row up there is no room for a stroller or groceries in the back of the regular Escalade, and second there is very little third row crash protection behind the third row. If you are going to use the third row every time you drive that becomes important.

About a year ago I got myself excited about a sprinter, but the more I learned about them the less interested I became. It would be great for the kids, and it would be great 3 times a year, but if you had to drive it all the time it would be miserable, and the lack of power for driving in the mountains would make the driver (me) go insane.
Appreciate 0