Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
I'm 5'9" 187lbs and I am looking for insight on what I may be doing wrong or missing from my workout. I am nursing a shoulder impingement and though it's getting better each day I can not afford to risk injuring it seriously. Here is what I've got thus far...

Chest/Tri:

Flat bench: 10@135lbs/6@185lbs/6@205/10 close interval @ 135lbs (before the shoulder injury I was at 8 reps @ 225lbs with a max of 275/305lbs

Skull crusher: 10@80lbs/10@80lbs/10@80lbs

Tri pull-down: 10@80/10@80/10@80

Incline fly: No longer do because of my shoulder

Push-ups: 25/5 close 5 wide clapper/25/5 close 5 wide clapper/25 and I half hold my last rep. I am a Solider so the form is top notch.

Back/Bi:

Curv bar curl: 10@80x3

Bent over row: 10@100x3

Low row: 10@100/10@120/10@120

Lat pull down: 10@100/10@120/10@120

Abs:

Flutter kicks:
3 sets of 100

Rope extensions:
3 sets of 10@ 60lbs

I used to do bridge,side bridge,side bridge: 3 sets of 45 second hold but it causes me to put all my weight on the shoulder to keep good form so I quit that...

I am a function over fashion type of guy. I am looking for what I am missing in my workout. I don't do legs because I run a ton between PT 3 days a week with ROTC and the random runs I throw in after my workout.

I for some reason feel like I am missing something, nutrition possibly has to do with why I am not extremely cut but to be frank I don't care. I'm a college student and don't need to have some psycho diet just to get some more creases in my abs. I just need to perform better on PT tests and in general for when I get pushed to the limit. What am I missing?
DIET DIET DIET! If you want to lean up and gain muscle you have to eat lean meats and high protein. Unless your genetics are just awesome, then eat whatever you want. And don't listen to any of those adkins, south beach, whatever diets. Eat lean meat, fruits and veggies, plain and simple.

Chest/Tris:
Add incline bench as well. Switch up and use dumbbells instead of barbell. Focus on form first, then weight. You have to work on getting your shoulder stronger, so use light weights.

Dumbbell overhead extenstions.
Cable pulldowns/pullovers

Back/Bi:

Pull-ups. Wide grip, shoulder width grip
Various rows

Dumbbell Curls:
Hammer curls
Inside Curls - to work the outer bi
Outside curls - to work inner bi

You HAVE TO add a shoulder day. You need to rehab your shoulder back to normal. And to add shoulderdefinition you don't have to use heavy weights. They respond to lighter weight high reps. Watch the huge guys at the gym, they typically use no more than 25lb dumbbells. Most of the guys I see with great shoulders definition use 20,15,10, and 5lbs.

Abs:

Leg Raises
Decline crunches/situps

You need to do legs. A must.

And as has been said, add leg days and cardio. You have to get cardio

Here's a ton of good excercises listed.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw41.htm
Appreciate 0