05-14-2020, 12:56 AM   #26
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
I believe it's this. The market has shifted and Mercedes must have done their market research which indicated to them that the average age of the buyer is now younger and the ones buying it are more tech-inclined which is typically not the traditional buyers we have attached to the S-Class.

But with that said, the S-Class went from more traditional and almost timeless look with the W222, which I think will age extremely well to the all-out tech, build for today W223.

If there was ever a time for BMW to claw back some market share with the 7er, now is the time to do it with the next-generation 7er.
Yup that's why I posted that photo of the W222 interior....simply timeless with just the right amount of tech without being overbearing. Lovely cabin.

BMW took advantage of the W220 missing the mark with the E65. This could be another opportunity to do the same. The 7-series played it extremely safe with the current generation inside and out (besides the LCI grille). It's frankly been a very forgettable car, BMW was once the industry leader in innovation and needs to show that again.
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25064.00
arashir164.00