View Single Post
      09-25-2020, 11:12 PM   #7
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Never again with any wheels I care about. I have a set of 264 wheels that I picked up used with a bunch of curb rash for winter tires. I let Costco beat on those wheels.

But I took a chance on them with my pristine 261 wheels. The tech with the white shirt who is supposed to be the more senior/knowledgeable of all the techs there proceeded to damage all 4 wheels. The guy just didn't care and gave me back the wheels all messed up. Thank goodness I inspected the wheels right in front of him. Examining the first wheel, my heart sank. Then the second wheel, my heart sank even further. When I got to the third wheel, I was down right pissed. Then the fourth wheel, I was furious at that point. You would think the guy would actually look at what he was doing and realize to stop after buggering up the first wheel. It wasn't as if the damage required you to break out a magnifying glass. You could see the damage standing a few feet away. If they couldn't take off the run craps without damaging the wheels, they should have spoken up. In the end, Costco's insurance paid out $6-700 to repair all 4 wheels.

I decided maybe that situation was a fluke and I would have better luck with non run crap tires. Nope. They proceeded to damage one of the wheels again when mounting a replacement set of Pilot Super Sports. This time their insurance refused to pay claiming they couldn't have caused that damage in that area of the wheel as the pry bar doesn't reach that area. Despite the fact they had the previous pictures of how they buggered up my wheels showing more intense damage in the same area they claim was impossible for any of their tools to touch.

After that fiasco, I took my wheels to a BMW indie that mounted new 4S tires without causing any damage. The indie charges about 4 times more than Costco per wheel, but the hassle to save a few bucks just isn't worth it.
Appreciate 0