View Single Post
      10-14-2020, 12:17 PM   #9
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

You may remember how my mom went. The mind was mostly there the whole time, it was the poor ravaged body that she sacrificed for us, working graveyard at teh post office but still being our mom during the day.

My dad turns 81 in December. He is losing some of his thought process, and doesn't remember well, but not to the level you describe. He keeps telling me things because "it's the last one I'll buy in my lifetime" He has left the family trust account to me, so keeps calling me in to his office (he still works as a lawyer, and his declining mental situation bothers him very much) to make sure I know where important documents are, and how to pay bills. Since my youngest son worked about 2 years as his secretary, I'm sure we can make it work when dad passes.

I still go on trips to the cabin with him when I can, although last weekend since the washer at home isn't working, he drove 3 hours to the cabin to wash his clothes. He really wishes his new wife would join him at the cabin, but I think there is too much of mom there, so she just won't go.

I know you were the mother hen to us, if you need a shoulder at least one of us is still here
Appreciate 1
Lups11826.50