Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
You may remember how my mom went. The mind was mostly there the whole time, it was the poor ravaged body that she sacrificed for us, working graveyard at teh post office but still being our mom during the day.

My dad turns 81 in December. He is losing some of his thought process, and doesn't remember well, but not to the level you describe. He keeps telling me things because "it's the last one I'll buy in my lifetime" He has left the family trust account to me, so keeps calling me in to his office (he still works as a lawyer, and his declining mental situation bothers him very much) to make sure I know where important documents are, and how to pay bills. Since my youngest son worked about 2 years as his secretary, I'm sure we can make it work when dad passes.

I still go on trips to the cabin with him when I can, although last weekend since the washer at home isn't working, he drove 3 hours to the cabin to wash his clothes. He really wishes his new wife would join him at the cabin, but I think there is too much of mom there, so she just won't go.

I know you were the mother hen to us, if you need a shoulder at least one of us is still here
Your thread was quoted in the op originally but I chickened when I reread the thread of yours . Mind you, I have it printed, I have it on my archives yet when I feel bad I go and look for that thread here. I still remember how terrible it was to read about your mom, but also when you shared your pain, you gave me the biggest gift mentally I've ever had when it comes to my family. I salute you, Uncle Wade (see how well I remember my typos!)

Honest to coffee (atheist god), before covid my days went like this: 4 am wakeup, coffee& papers, 7.30 am, feed the kids, send them to school. Go and run with the dog, do reno for 4 hours, lunch for everyone, laundry, paint a bit and charity projects, hardware shops, grocery store, find new stocks to finance my lazy lifestyle with, bed at 2 am. Now, for a month I've had a mom to babysit and help on top of that all.

I'm not thinking she has an actual condition such as your dad has, she's just given up completely. It isnt even depression alone, it's like she has broken her own heart. I have a vast experience with dementia and palls by now since I do the shopping for the elderly neighbors of mine. Their kids live a far away so to mindful of their conditions (various) we've agreed with their kids that I'll deliver the shit, and they pay me back instead of their parents.

I swear to coffee... I fucking need to work on my attitude. The bitch has had zero issues in favouring my sibling. She has has zero problems in stiffing me when it comes to my inheritance. Now my brother has disappeared and she leans on me, and the second thing after booking her to see a doctor was to contact my lawyer friend to list the changes to her so there is a record with a timestamp. Not to gain, just to make sure it is recorded. I just can't let even the bitch I hate to be left alone to endure bad times on her own, or to be abused when she's frail.
You paint me in a much brighter light than I do myself

I can do the "work", but I struggle so much with appearance at the hospital

From an early age, the family fortune was always mine. That's the easy part. I had some challenges when mom passed, but nothing like my little brothers

2 are still so confrontational with dad, but I worry in my own way so much for them when dad passes too. I still think I have until at least 2030 before Superman hangs up the cape