02-18-2021, 01:30 PM   #29
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeEl View Post
That's part of the problem: the online configurator makes it look very subdued and almost like chrome - it isn't. It only works with a few colors IMHO.

The cerium mirrors show bugs like nothing you have ever seen before and will gross her out. Search this forum for pics and cleaning tips - she will need them!
The sDrive30i comes with chrome-looking (BMW refers to them as satin Aluminum trim) grill surrounds unless you order the Shadowline Package for $300. The cerium is a little more grey. I ruled out getting the M40i because I didn't like the exhaust nozzles and the cerium bits (and maybe the $10,000 bump ). Exhaust pipes are pipes and pipes are round! Also, the beauty of a women is set off by some sparkling jewelry - in this case a car with chrome accents (bright silver). spta97's girlfriend has good taste (not 80's - timeless!).

For those looking to do the replacement work outlined in this thread, here is a place you can get some cheap trim tools. https://ind-distribution.com/collect...or-install-kit

Last edited by Geradeaus; 02-19-2021 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: chrome-looking edit
Appreciate 0