Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
A few minor updates and one biggie: G2x are going to have an unusually long life, 1-2 years longer than the normal 7 year lifecycle.
That's very interesting. I guess it makes some sense since they are the very last ICE versions of those cars.
Given what else bmw has said about the ice overall market still existing for a long time despite some select markets working to legislate the transition to electric faster, I wonder if this delay is not to kill an ice offering in this segment but instead to coordinate "new class" as the replacement for the i4/i3 with still offering hybrid variants of 3 series on an update of the existing platform.

-Right now the i4/i3 and the standard car share a platform.
-BMW has said they think the market will be large enough later in the decade to support new class as its own offering in the 3 series segment
-They have not said they will abandon ice in that segment as a result, only that new class will not be planned for hybrid variants
-I doubt they would walk away from ice/hybrid sales in a high volume segment for the brand
Appreciate 0