View Single Post
      12-24-2016, 08:54 PM   #12
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
I'm not gonna keep replying to people who likes to argue just for the sake of arguing.
Why would I be arguing for the sake of arguing?
My arguments are factually correct (porsche does really sell a lot more cayennes/macans than 911/718's)

Quote:
I know my cars and I won't hold your breathe believing Porsche will cave in and make another model below Macan.
I never said or contradicted that. You're missing the point.
The cayenne and macan are proof that porsche is compromising to boost sales because they are designed to sell well. Porsche saw the succes of the X5 and set out to get a share of that market. Same for the Macan.
Porsche is driven on their heritage of sports achievements as a brand of sports cars. I dont see how a SUV fits in that philosophy. Therefore these models are to make money. Lots of money. And they do that job well looking at the sales figures. Its not for nothing that the cayenne is known as 'the car that saved porsche'. They saw the succes of the X5 (the car that pretty much invented that niche) and jumped on the bandwagon like so many brands.
So the statement that BMW and MB are compromising their cars for volume sales and porsche isnt, isnt true IMO

Look at it this way: how would you look at a ferrari SUV based on a fiat platform with an 2 litre 4 cyl? I mean, you're really keen to setting the bar at precisely that point. But for me its relative to where the brand came from, does it fit in it's heritage and philosophy
For them it would be really compromising...

Quote:
You also said you aren't talking down the Macan but you are still talking down the Macan just by your statements.
If any, I'm talking the porsche brand down, not the Macan. It does what it's set out to do, really well.

Quote:
Macan is FWD only
Are you sure about that?
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 12-24-2016 at 09:10 PM..
Appreciate 0