View Single Post
      09-29-2021, 07:33 AM   #61
Kaike21
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
I have been following this topic since I picked up my Z4 on Sept. 6 with great interest.

I priced out a few shops by me in South Florida and the prices for PPF and ceramic really vary.

One shop I visited was doing PPF and ceramic on a McLaren and also had a Ferrari in the shop. They were the most expensive and wanted a fortune for either PPF or ceramic coating. They were really pushing for me to do both which I thought was overkill.

My salesman at BMW who I know for a few years and trust suggested I try the local Tint World location, he said many of his customers have used them and they were satisfied with the results. When I visited the shop they were working on a Porsche 911and a BMW M5 Competition. They quoted me prices for Xpel PPF and their own brand of nano ceramic coating that wouldn't break my bank.

At this point I have decided to do PPF on the nose and hood of the car plus the side mirror caps. I am still undecided about doing PPF on the front quarters. I will also apply 2 coats of the ceramic allover which they said was more than sufficient to protect the finish.

Am I making a mistake not applying the PPF to the front quarters and the A pillars? The manager didn't push to do that and said the decision was really up to me.

Finally has anyone had experience having work done at a Tint World location? They are all franchises there are 2 parts to the question.

1) the quality of their work.
I saw the work they were doing on the 911 and the M5 and it looked really good.

2) the products they use.
I know that Xpel is a really good PPF so I am not worried about it. The question is how good is their own brand of ceramic coating?

I would appreciate your insight as I will have the work done next week.

Hey where will you do the job? I live close to you apparently.. I live in Miami and also have a m40i that I received 3 weeks ago and will do a ceramic coating as well
Appreciate 0