Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135 View Post
Here are a few bugs and suggestions for version 4.4.2.75

Ampersand (&), Less Than (<) and Greater Than (>) does not display correctly in forums list in "My Forums" and title when accessed via "My Forums" - note that it does display correctly when accessed via "Forums".
Possible cause may be related to escaping in either HTML or XML encoding. May need to ensure other escapable characters encode correctly. Example:
Wheels & Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
The order of the forums list in "My Forums" has changed.
What would be really useful is if the order can be customised and stored on each user profile.

The spacing of the forums list in "My Forums" has increased 1.5-2 times what it was previously, which means more unnecessary scrolling.

Preview images are being cropped in the thread - should display a resized preview image in the app to fit the app width (when you tap on the cropped image, the full image should be displayed). Examples:
[IMG]https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4195/3...cedc9ac5_h.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...rvana/15_1.jpg[/IMG]

Provide search capability while in a sub-forum and make the search be restricted to returning results from just that sub-forum.
Can a non-Google search been implemented?

Include an extended set of text functions, e.g. Font (type, size), Lists (ordered/numbered, unordered/bullets).

View Profile should show:
  • whether the user is online - could be done using the same icon as in the web browser or using different background or font colours, e.g. green is online and red (or default white) is offline. Alternatively, use background colour on the Rep / Followers / Posts block to indicate online/offline status
  • user's current activity if online, otherwise the last date/time the user was online

Minimalistic landscape mode - for more screen realestate in landscape mode:
  • remove bimmerpost banner, toolbar and title bar
  • remove bottom navigation panel and replace with translucent navigation arrows (or only have navigation arrows in portrait mode)
Thanks for the long list of suggestions as usual, many of these we can do, will look to add these into the upcoming updates!

Your feedback is very much appreciated as always you help make the app better!

Just FYI, with the spacing in My Forums, it actually hasn't changed at all. It might be larger for you now as the 'Large' setting for 'Thread Title Size' now affects this area. Try changing it to small. For simplicity reasons they are combined into one control. See if small works better for you?