View Single Post
      10-03-2020, 02:09 PM   #951
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick303 View Post
Funny you should ask. We're struggling with the exterior color decisions. The wall around the front windows (and back patio windows) will be stone of some kind. Everything else not yet covered will be stucco. We're thinking white stone, white stucco, maybe a medium grey for the siding and either dark or a rich wood stain for the tongue-in-groove. There is also tongue-in-groove under the patio cover. We're thinking either match the rich wood color or do a light blonde stain. Thoughts??

Soffits are made of the same fiberboard as the siding. We would have preferred more tongue-in-groove, but didn't catch it in time and don't want to pay to have it changed. Maybe down the line.
Sounds sharp! I like the ideas. I would match the underside of the patio cover with whatever color you stain the tongue-in-groove on the front of the house. I wouldn't go too dark on the cedar - don't want to lose the contrast with the gray paint on the siding. I like the idea of matching the stucco and stone, though! The texture difference should be enough without the colors being different. Don't want the exterior to come across as too patchwork.

No worries - it sounds like you've got enough wood accents on the exterior without fussing about the soffits. Less work to just have them painted cement board, too.

Can't wait to see the progress!

Last edited by hooligan_G01; 10-04-2020 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: kant speel
Appreciate 1