View Single Post
      06-09-2021, 12:17 PM   #4
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Pinto

I use Flood CWF on my fence, I roll on, and use brush for cracks, done twice in 10 years...if I was guessing, I'd probably do every 3+ years on a flat deck, 5 on vertical. Get one of those cotton gloves in paint dept. for spindles, saves ton of time. (put plastic glove underneath to avoid splinters, follow with brush for globbing, did all spindles in like 30 minutes, F a brush lol)

We used "Cedar" color as it darkens slightly, gives a bit of warm amber tint (barely) and ages nicely with wood. This is a 12 YO fence, Flood Cedar applied 6 months after put in, it cured in that time, and than a light sand bar and another good coat 4 years ago (don't pressure wash)...may do another coat in year or so, but wood is in great shape.

Deck is with 2 coats of Valspar exterior Stain/paint in Chocolate. (Lowes) Lasts forever and can walk on no splinters etc. I liked the oil stain but with all the flat spots, this covers wood and you'll never replace IMO.

I used to do decks and stains PT, and had best results with Flood. (no idea why on side lol oh well) Thompsons

Last edited by 4Hockey4; 06-09-2021 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 1
Wolf 3352340.50