08-01-2021, 01:39 PM   #138
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
I dislike events (stretch to call it a sport) that are 'judged'. Creates an element to the game that is biased. Watching a few minutes of the men's gymnastics (cause the wife made me)...there was a comment about a deduction because he changed what he was planning to do. WTF does that even mean, why should a Judge know what the exact routine is beforehand. A judge should be watching and analyzing what they see, not stating 'oh, he should have done a triple twist with that double back...and changed it to a double - double'...deduct. I think back to that French skating judge that did the quid pro quo with the other judge.

Race a person, race a clock. Compete head to head, or as a group. That's a sport. Ski jumping should be how far you are in the air...not how good you look doing it.

Change my mind.
I'll agree w that, very doubtful the judges can see everything happening in those split seconds, it's kinda a joke, and ofc the subjectivity. Unless they can invent a robot to give out pts, it's easily corruptible.

Heck, ban all events that doping can affect, so maybe there would be no games for me to watch haha. I'm pretty sure many of the winners just have the best non-detectable drugs and/or enough bribes for the relevant ppl to look the other way.

This is just a pissing contest among the nations and it gets tiresome, but I'm always hopeful when I see glimpses of true Olympic spirit, however few and far in between.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
ShopVac4053.00