Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
+1. However it'll be difficult to get that TQ/HP ratio with out using forced induction. Performance wise I suspect the current 340 is probably very close to the e39M5. Those E-series cars definitely had a different feel about them. I can only explain it as "solid-but-nimble".
I would expect that we are approaching the upper limits of how far companies like BMW can go on the “more power” = more performance front. Because there’s just not too much left in terms of the reduction of 0-60 times or other common metrics. Many cars are sub 5 seconds, and also affordable.

Because of their carbon fiber manufacturing capabilities, I would think that BMW would focus on weight (and size) reduction in order to push the performance needle. But they’ve not really put all of that together just yet. Maybe with the G series M cars we will see more of that.
Lighter construction, definitely a good way to spend money from "Z " in my example above.

If the vehicle weighs less then with" just " 475hp it may actually be superior than a heavier vehicle with 500.

Folks that only want to see 500... sometimes miss the forest for the hp.... er... trees .
Appreciate 1
dmboone254970.50