Christos
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 Z4 s3.0 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebirotedu View Post
This.

My first day with the Z4, I experienced something similar:

I moved it out of the garage briefly, got out for a bit to do something in the garage, then got back into the car to back it into the garage again. I was able to put it into reverse, but as soon as I'd try to apply gas the car would put itself (rather abruptly) into park.

The Z4 has an interlock where if you don't have the seatbelt connected, and the door is slightly ajar (i didn't realize the door was not fully closed), the car will let you put it into gear but then will go back to park when you depress the accelerator.

It wasn't obvious to me that the door was ajar as I thought I had closed it - I was expecting a big icon on the dash or something, but I think instead there was some small text at the bottom of the dash saying the door was open and I just didn't see it initially.
Interesting, the door to my knowledge was closed but there is always that possibility it was slightly ajar.