View Single Post
      10-10-2019, 02:20 AM   #5
klizza
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50

This is what I get for my 2019 X5 VIN. It's only about „too" extreme brightness & contrast settings. Who cares? I could also put tape on the camera and see nothing. We all used to drive in reverse without backup cameras and that was perfectly fine...

Sep 27,2019
Manufacturer Recall NumberNA
NHTSA Recall Number19V684
Recall StatusRecall Incomplete
Summary
REARVIEW CAMERA DISPLAY: The rearview camera display may not fully conform to a Federal requirement. If the brightness is set at/near its lowest setting, and the contrast is set at/near its highest setting then, at the "next backing event", the display may not meet a Federal requirement.

Safety Risk
At the "next backing event", if a vehicle operator relied on the displayed image, with brightness set at/near its lowest setting, and contrast set at/near its highest setting, then in certain lighting conditions, this could affect the visibility of certain object behind the vehicle.. However, vehicles are equipped with a Park Distance Control (PDC) system which alerts vehicle operators, both audibly and visually, to objects behind a vehicle.

Remedy
The rearview camera software will be updated to reduce the brightness and contrast adjustment range.
Appreciate 1
MParallel541.50