View Single Post
      11-07-2019, 04:39 PM   #17
Conissah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C

Little rant here. As someone who just turned 23 and graduated with my BS less than a year ago, I cannot tell you how absolutely annoying and infuriating it is to listen to my "peers" complain about their student loans. I just started a new job (2nd big boy job after graduating), and I've been hearing talk about the "Orange BMW" outside. Everyone seemed extremely shocked when they found out it was driven by the new guy. I even had some people ask what my parents did, "mockingly" of course. My response is always "I just spend my money poorly" because I don't want to get into a huge argument about money.

What I really want to tell them is how I worked my ass off, graduated a semester early, put myself through school by paying out of pocket, lived in the shittiest and cheapest apartments I could find, held multiple jobs, slaved away during the summers saving as much money as I possibly could working 80-90 hours a week, and went to literally 0 school events or parties. Even when I go out and see people I haven't seen in months or years, their typical response is "must be nice." I don't know what the fuck is up with everyone nowadays (not just the younger generation), but for whatever reason everyone is so damn entitled to everything. God forbid someone work hard or get lucky; if you don't like where you are at in your life, change it!