Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3GymNut View Post
I think the interior is insane, hopefully the G80 looks like that...
I agree. The interior of the new BMWs is rocking it
Agreed, they nailed the interior. Same with the new 8-Series, X3, X4, and the new X5. All perfectly laid out, combining new tech, elegant BMW aesthetics, ergonomics, and technology. This is why I hate the G30 interior so much, because it kept the old BMW interior formula, now the G20 will get will get the interior design of the, G29, G01, the G05, and the G15, which is the future. The G30 just came out last year and it's already so behind the times. Shame, it could've been something great like all of these new BMW's.
G30 is still class leading because of its elegant exterior if appropriate wheels are on. It looks much more expensive than its price tag. The interior is well laid out and elegant without being over decorated. However I agree with you, the interior would have been much better with the new design language. Hopefully the LCI would correct this.
And the performance and driving dynamics too! The BMW bean counters are some of the best in the business. They saved cost on the interior while still staying competitive in the segment. I mean who buys a 5er over an E-class or A6 if not for the driving dynamics alone?

As for this new Z. I liked it a lot at first. Still love the new interior. Have mixed feelings about the exterior now that official car has been revealed. Definitely looks better and more BMW-like with the silver/titanium colored grille surrounds. The all-black grille looks pretty bad and dated already especially with those horribly tacky mesh inserts. Those black fairings tacked on the front don't help. The car has such clean lines otherwise, but then they put the ugly and busy looking black vent on the side. The sharp concept nose looked so much better IMO. The whole thing looked rad. Now this is just like meh.

All that said, I'm still very much looking forward to driving it (and the Supra) one day!