Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
so just got my rep from BMW Manhattan,

I'm pretty sure it can't possibly take 2 days, must be a line of wait, guess I'll wait until the volume comes down...

Unfortunately the recall requires a reprogramming for your system and couldn't be done Saturday. With this kind of recall we would need to schedule it during the week as it requires a connection with BMW NA servers only available during the week. It would take 2 business days to complete. As for the navigation update we should be able to complete that at the same time. Let me know when works best for you
Last time my car was in (one year service) they updated my software and told me that they only had two bays for software updates. If that is still true, and this fix requires a software update, the dealership will be severely backed up. My car was built in November of 2017 and the software was updated in December of 2018. I am hoping that fixed it and I don't need another software update.
I got lucky, got it done on Saturday after all, took like 2.5 hr (from drop off), I was the first one so that probably helped...
Appreciate 0