View Single Post
      12-18-2019, 10:04 PM   #12
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

I lost (or had stolen) a wallet at a fest in Germany in the early 80's. Not sure how it happened. It was just suddenly gone. Didn't have a credit card at the time, so it was just the hassle of getting a replacement drivers license and (worse), a new military ID. Then a month or so later my wallet was turned in to the MPs, minus whatever cash was in it. Then I had two military IDs and two DLs.

Second time was in the late 80's when I was playing racquetball at UMass, Boston. Some asshole clipped the lock off my locker and stole everything. Clothes, bag, and of course, my wallet. I had to walk to the campus police office on a bitter cold day wearing shorts and a t-shirt. They eventually found my clothes and wallet in a trash can. Cash and credit card were missing. DL was still there. Just canceled the card and got a new one.

These days with two CCs, ATM card, and all the insurance cards and so on, it would be a major hassle to replace everything. If I'm in any sort of crowd, I make sure my wallet pocket is buttoned or I move my wallet to a front pocket. When I pay at a restaurant, I also keep my wallet in my hand so I remember to retrieve my CC before leaving.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede

Last edited by M_Six; 12-18-2019 at 10:10 PM..
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615436.50