Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Are there any police departments or any other emergency services dependents anywhere in the world using EVs user?

Does anyone here know of any cases?
Plenty.

But the religious wars about ICE vs EV belong elsewhere.
You misunderstood my purpose for asking, I genuinely wanted to know if there were any? My son had to accompany his mother to hospital with an ambulance and they had to wait for well over an hour before a bed became available in the ER.

In Australia, at the moment, we have a chronic shortage of hospital beds. There have been cases where an ambulance has been "ramped" for eight hours - this means the patient remains in the ambulance as if it were a hospital bed for that entire period. Whilst this happens, the ambulance engine often has to run to facilitate air-conditioning and keep the instruments in operation continually.

I wondered if there are EVs capable of supporting such situations.

Equally we have fierce bushfires in Australia (as do you of late). Firefighting trucks run for hours at a time - are there EV vehicles presently capable of providing similar endurance.

With police, it's interesting because there's a distinct advantage with acceleration in an EV. As such, it would make sense for plenty of demand for EV police cars.

I was asking a genuine question, though I apologise if I gave you the opposite impression. Also, I asked it here because I didn't want to join the war you mentioned. Here, you, very kindly, offer information on both types and I though it would be a neutral ground for the question to be asked.

No trolling was intended.
Joachim349.00
Frosty780.00