View Single Post
      02-07-2023, 08:55 AM   #4
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
When I first purchased my 2022 I didn't even realize what the adaptive mode was for and normally left my Z4 in comfort mode for driving around on the local roads, especially during the first 1200 miles of the break-in period.

One day I called and questioned my sales advisor about it and he told me to try it as it gives you the best of all of the driving modes and will usually increase the mileage you are getting on your car which has increased 4-5 mpg since I started using it.

Page 136 of my manual describes Adaptive Mode as follows:
Comfort-oriented driving mode, whose tuning is automatically modified to the driving situation and driving style . If the navigation system is active, upcoming road sections are considered.

There has been several discussions about the people that like it and the benefit of using the adaptive mode, this is just one thread where it is mentioned.

https://g29.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...=adaptive+mode

If it has been eliminated from the 2023's I am lucky that I own a 2022 as it is a nice feature to have. In my opinion, more people would be using it if the function of the adaptive mode was properly explained to new buyers when they picked up their cars at the dealer.
Appreciate 3
ebirotedu1482.50
Cliffj335126.00