bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBNetEngr View Post
I was there watching the race, and there were more than just four GTLM cars running at the end. Two Corvettes, two BMWs, one Porsche, one Ford GT.
There might have been more cars running, but they weren't in contention, which was my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBNetEngr View Post
In the last 30 minutes, BMW #25 was gaining anywhere from 1-2 seconds per lap on the #3 Corvette, and the late race yellow flag brought them close together for the last few laps, but it wasn't enough time for the #25 BMW to catch the #3 Corvette. Passing it would have taken several more laps. The best laps I timed for the #25 BMW were in the 2:06 range.
The pit lane penalty was what cost BMW the race. Tomczyk was beating himself up over it pretty badly. Unarguably, the M6 GTLMs had pace this time around, which is a great change. Even still, the top 5 qualifiers in the GTLM field qualified with 0.20 seconds of each other. This was anyone's race to win or lose.

As far as lap times, you can download the Time Cards at the Al kamel Systems website:

http://imsa.alkamelsystems.com

I'm not sure what you mean by "best laps I timed" (I'm imagining you track side with a stopwatch lol), but in terms of actual lap times, the fastest lap for the #3 Corvette was 2:05.4. The #24 car fastest lap was 2:05.3. And the #25 car fastest lap was 2:05.0. Meanwhile, the #66 Ford GT, which was part of the melee at the start, turned a 2:04.7

Don't get me wrong, the BMWs are finally in the hunt, but my point is that 2nd and 3rd out of a four car fight isn't conclusive. I'm looking forward to Watkins Glenn. Too bad it's not 2018 yet so we'd get to watch BMW at Le Mans.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0