02-19-2019, 02:42 PM   #24
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Correct. I'm on a calorie deficiency. Between 1500-1800/day, don't eat past 5 p.m. and gym 5 days a week. This is how I dropped the weight so quickly.
Gym days consist of weight resistance and cardio after. Weights for about an hour focusing on only a few groups each session doing drop sets and then cardio for about 65 -80 minutes usually around 4-4.5 miles and burn between 850-975 calories per session depending on how I feel.

Now that I'm actually close to what the national standards for ideal weight are for my height (155 @ 5' 9") I'm still jiggly in the ab area and would like more muscle definition. I wanted to drop the weight first as I see all these guys at the gym that are big, but have a lot of body fat. Sure they may be strong or can lift big weight, but they just look fat regardless. I wanted to be lean so I went with dropping the fat and then trying to build the muscle. I do realize that I went the hard way but I'm not afraid to put in the extra work to get exactly what I want.

I do feel like I need to be eating more at this point but the thought of gaining the weight back that I've spent the past 3 months working my ass off to drop is kind of depressing. I'm thinking eat more, lift more weight, do less cardio. Does this sound about right?
Damn thats a long workout! Not a bad thing haha. Completely understandable dropping the weight first, It is how most prefer to do it. I wouldn't change every variable especially if you're concerned with gaining the weight back. If you're comfortable with doing that much cardio every day it's fine I just wouldn't over do it. I think it's best to slowly change things that way you are aware of what is causing which result.

I would start by increasing your caloric intake a little bit, maybe 200-300 calories(since you're attempting to gain muscle I'd shoot for around 1g protein per lb body weight). You could change up your weight routine a little, instead of drop sets shoot for 1-2 warmup sets followed by 2 working sets for each exercise, but all things considered diet and sleep are going to be your key contributors. If you aren't noticing much of a change after a week or so(positive or negative change) you could up the calories again.

If I am on a deficit I don't progress much in the gym. I would say I am close to 3000 calories every day. Personally I want to be as close to that line as possible without going over. If you're in too much of a deficit you won't progress much in terms of gaining muscle, if you go into the red you'll gain unnecessary weight.

Just how I go about it though, fitness/health advice is the most difficult to give lol everyone's different.

Also I'd recommend eating later in they day that way you're not going catabolic and eating away at your muscles! Casein protein is a consumer favorite, I prefer 3 eggs w/ ham cheese an hot sauce haha.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00