09-19-2019, 06:29 AM   #8
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
So the wife and I are house shopping. Hit up some open houses last weekend and right off the bat things got weird.

Toured this nice little house on a quiet street. All seemed normal until we hit the “laundry room” which was about 16’ x 16’, wall to wall tile. There was a stacked washer and dryer shoved in the corner (because when you have 256 sqft of laundry room you had better stack that washer and dryer to save room). Windows had mirrored film on them to block out all light. No laundry table. No shelves. Nothing else in the room OTHER than a huge jetted bathtub that could fit 3 people that was up on a raised pedestal about 3 feet off the ground. Oh, and a drain in the middle of the tile floor and an outdoor style hose spigot INSIDE the room with a hose and sprayer attached. WTF?! Presumably there were activities in there that involved the tub and required hosing the room down afterwards?

I amused myself for about 10 minutes inspecting the walls and ceiling for signs of "attachment" points for ropes, chains, etc. Sadly came up empty there, but I still suspect naughty activities going down in there.

So how about it? Anyone else encounter any funny, weird, creepy, things while touring an open house?
Not sure the location of the room to the outside, but some friends of ours have something like that...and it's used as kind of a "mud room" for washing their two huge dogs. (Newfoundland's)