View Single Post
      11-15-2020, 11:15 PM   #407
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoody007 View Post
True, although both the S class and the Audis are still a well balanced design. Porsche has done it best, however. By all accounts the Taycan drives like a Porsche, looks like a Porsche, and yet is very futuristic.

Consider the classic BMW formula:
Elegant styling, good ergonomics, excellent road feel, excellent handling, and a smooth, refined engine.

First, BMW killed their legendary road feel and handling with the awful Fxx cars, then they ruined their design language with the Gxx cars, starting with the 7er facelift and cumulating in the new 4er. Take away their lovely I-6, and what are you left with? Just another (ugly) luxury car.

Put another way: what's the difference between the iX and a comparable competitor from Lexus (in the future)? Nothing except the badge.

For the record, I'm 23, definitely NOT a boomer, and there is no way I will consider a BMW in the future if they continue to look like this.
I'm 36 so a lot older but have you driven an F13 M6 Comp? They were the last M cars with hydraulic steering along with the F06/F10/F12 and I absolutely love my car. I've spent a lot of time in E46 M3 and E9x M3 cars and I think the steering is a highpoint.

I've driven an M8 F92 and I went into it thinking I would hate the gearbox but it was the steering that upset me more.

Obviously I'm biased but the F13 M6 Comp is the most powerful DCT, Hydraulic steering, RWD car that BMW will ever make and all I can think of replacing it with in a few years is an 812 Superfast at about 3 times the new price, nothing else excites me at all between the two cars. But then I'd need to buy a B5 Touring or something as well to have a practical car and I hate the idea of having 2 cars!