Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy19 View Post
Hey guys,

Just wondering about the differences between these two products. The VM is a 1/2 inch smaller at the turbo and through the pipe until it steps down to meet the exhaust. I don't know if that makes a ton of difference the 1/2 inch. There are some very solid performance gain dyno sheets with the VM product.

The ER is a little bigger, and seems like they take a little extra time to make it look a little fancier in the finish and smoothed out welds.

Is it worth the extra $100? Has anyone had a comparison test between the 2 DP's ? Is there a power difference?

Let me know what your opinions are guys.

Thanks so much.
I doubt you will get an end user comparing the two as it would be a lot of work and difficult to do a back to back. The ER is probably themes popular. The VM is a new player to the market and their pipe looks good as well. Honestly you can't go wrong with either but with a turbo car usually bigger is better for downpipes as you want as much volume as possible.

On the N54 the 3" downpipes made significantly more power then the 2.5" versions, which is why you no longer see 2.5" pipes for sale as all manufacturers went to 3"

Mike
Appreciate 1
Roki187126.00