View Single Post
      10-22-2019, 05:11 PM   #39
Neuner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90-S65, F31-B46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
It's not really a good car, it's a good track car. It sacrifices just about everything to get there, from ride quality to interior (has one speaker for the "radio", no A/C, etc.). Go look up what they did to get it to that point. The ZL1-1LE gives up nothing on the interior, fully loaded with everything and eats just about everything on the track. That's how much better the alpha chassis is.

I'd go for a GT350R a long time before a Z/28. It's cool what they did with the Z/28, but that was truly a car just for the track.
no shit, the entire thread is about track capability.. the ac & radio delete was the advertised curb weight special, most were ordered with both options and I doubt you'd notice the difference. The ride is purposefully stiff, in a good way and not unlivable. I'd bet many here put up with a harsher ride from bilsteins & lowering springs on their 3'ers.

The 350R came later and was designed to outperform the z/28, no surprise there. The ZL1-1LE is faster yet but loses some of the charm of the z/28. Feels like it weighs 6000lbs, sounds worse, and is even harsher due to heim joints everywhere.

Have you driven all 3 or are you just comparing magazine reviews? again, the z28 would be awesome if it wasn't a Camaro.

Last edited by Neuner; 10-22-2019 at 05:17 PM..
Appreciate 0