unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Well said.

I will never understand why someone would get upset at a polite gesture.
Me either. And I hate that I let it affect how I want to treat others, but it does. I travel a lot and it varies a lot from area to area too. I have had guys not even acknowledge you held the door for them, which can be irritating,but not a big deal. I have had some women confront me about it though. I was walking out of a C store once on the road and more "felt" someone was behind me than saw. I stepped through carrying my stuff and just held it with my elbow without ever turning around. I never saw anyone come past me and glanced back before I let it go and this lady was standing there holding it too glaring at me refusing to walk past me. When we met eyes she said "I GOT IT!"

I just don't get it how that can be seen as a negative thing, but to each their own.

I also saw an older lady pushing a cart with a huge bag of dog food to her car in front of me once while on the road. It looked like the bag was about 25 pounds less than her. I took it out of the cart and put it in her trunk for her and she said thank you and tried to give me a quarter! LMAO. I just have to remember those and forget the others.