View Single Post
      10-09-2020, 08:59 AM   #107
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackF82 View Post
Our twins were born late 2019, almost 10 months later and......

Still crying like day one, still waking up at night, still hate car rides and car seats, still cry in the stroller, still needy and want 100% attention, still..........you get the point!

My wife and I never even argued once before the babies. Now, barking at each other on a daily basis is the norm.

Everyone keeps saying it will get easier, when the fuck will this happen?
I'd try to see if you can put a root cause behind some of those things, and try to see if you can start a sleep training schedule.

Before 12 months kids are kind of like tamagachi's - as long as they're fed, clean, and have some kind of soothing mechanism they should be pretty content.

Things we found very helpful:
-Teaching signs for basics like milk, food, water, help. Kids cry because they have no other method of communication at that age. Using signs to recognize when they want something becomes really useful in that early phase between just crying and actually being able to be happy because they get what they want.
-We swear by that sleep training book I posted above.
-Sometimes there are other problems, like reflux that mean the babies are actually uncomfortable or in pain. My wife had to go on a very restrictive diet when she was breastfeeding because she found that dairy, spicy foods and gluten all bothered our son. It sucked for her but once she elimianted foods that were problematic his reflux went way down and we stopped having to do laundry every single day. Checking with their doctor might help if you think something is up - because there might be something beyond just attention.
-Soothing mechanisms are important too, sometimes having something that smells like mom, a white noise machine, or other things to soothe them are important before they develop their own mechanisms.

I'm a very analytical person, so I treat my kid like I treat diagnosing an IT problem or a check engline light - trying to figure out what is actually the specific thing rather than getting too emotionally tied up.

With that said, sometimes (Especially once they start talking) they'll just want to push your buttons to test the limits of their environment and then you want to shake them, you just need to remember they're establishing rules and boundaries this whole time and be patient.

Good scotch also helps.