View Single Post
      08-06-2017, 04:28 PM   #74
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysaurus View Post
I've got an SL63 that costs more than your buddy's 911 turbo and I think my Viper is built just fine. The Viper is no more because fanboys value a badge more than anything else and sissies don't enjoy a hardcore sports car anymore. I'd take any Viper over any 911 any day of the week, thank you very much. What's really funny is that Porsche needs a million dollar hypercar to match the performance of a $140k car. Nothing else is that funny lol. That's not to say I don't like Porsche, I've got a Porsche 'turbo' too - just a lot bigger than a 911 life is good when you're not a fanboy and appreciate things for what they are, regardless of where they come from or what badge they wear.

And since you brought up McLaren I'd gladly pay for a 570S to replace my SL63. Those exotic marques make you feel special and offer a driving experience that you can't get from a 911. I chose an AMG over a 911 turbo cabrio a few years ago, and I'd choose a McLaren over one today. The problem with the 911 is that the ones priced like the Viper can't compete in terms of performance and the ones priced against McLarens and Ferraris can't compete in terms of panache. My girl on the other hand likes 911's more than I do because of a more feminine shape and it's easier for her to drive - so to each their own. Nothing personal, it's just that to me cars like McLarens, Vipers and AMG's have certain qualities that I can't get in a 911. Cheers
You hit the nail on the head. Best quote of the day:

"Life is good when you're not a fanboy and appreciate things for what they are, regardless of where they come from or what badge they wear."

That can apply to so many things in this world, including people!
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11496.00