01-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #20
Bighorns
bimmer newb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuj View Post
I drove on the Autobahn between Bohn and the Nurburgring. First off, a lot of it has a speed limit on it now. Secondly, most of it is 2-lanes, and lorries (trucks) dominate the right lane. So lets say you are cruising at 100mph and a truck decides to pull a passing maneuver right in front of you at 55mph....bad things happen.

Germany also won't let you drive a car with more than 200hp unless you are 25. (or at least it used to be that way)
This sounds like Hwy 15 to Vegas: 2 lanes, you're cruising along at a good clip in the left lane, about to pass a line of trucks in the right lane, and just as you approach them one of the trucks pulls out of line to pass, right in front of you, at HALF YOUR SPEED, then proceeds to pass the slower truck in front of him at exactly 2 MPH more than the truck he is passing. There are no other cars behind you, so you start to wonder why the heck he couldn't wait the 5 seconds it would have taken you to pass him before he pulled out.
It takes everything in me, when this happens, to NOT ease over in front of these clowns, and ease his speed down. Don't want to punish everyone else though in the process!
Appreciate 0