08-02-2016, 02:40 PM   #7
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08' M5, '09 335i, '18 M3 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0cool View Post
I feel like turbo cars are much easier to drive in real life / on the road compared to NA since you don't have to rev much at all. The 911.2 sounds pretty good, definitely loud enough (actually I find it too loud with sports exhaust).

If you really just like to rev the car car and want the car to be very loud when it develops power, then I guess go with .1 GTS... I think tests show the base 911.2 matching .1 GTS performance on virtually all measures.

I would definitely pick a .2 vs a .1 GTS. It's just a matter of personal taste.
Well I do agree with you. The .2 is easier to drive. But is that what you want from a brand that's supposed to build drivers cars? I think that statement fits with the overall direction the car industry is going. Everything has to become easier and more comfortable. Even a McLaren 650S is now a daily car you could even let your mom drive to buy some groceries. It's great on one hand, but it sucks for people who have been spoiled with cars that have to be driven right in order to be enjoyable. Cars that are just so much more rewarding.

There is no question that a .2 at least as quick as a .1 GTS, but again, speed shouldn't be part of the decision process when trying to find a drivers car.

No doubt the .2 is the best car the 911 has ever been. But to me, that's not a good thing.

Verde Mantis Green M3 F80 Manual
-
Motor Journalist from Germany and BMW Genius
Appreciate 0