08-03-2016, 03:06 PM   #13
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08' M5, '09 335i, '18 M3 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkim119 View Post
You're absolutely right. Every update to each model has been less engaging and visceral to drive. Maybe the cars are too good? I don't know.

But I could never commute 100 miles round trip with the previous generation of 911's in any form because it was too in your face after a while. It was almost too sharp and I wanted some laziness to make my commute a little easier yet engaging. I don't know if that makes sense but the long commuters can understand...

My brother just picked up his 991.2 and honestly, it's the only 911 model that ever I felt I could commute with and not worry about it being too in your face. If I was using this car as a second car or something for short spirited drives, I can see it being a bit disappointing and less engaging. For me, it could be the perfect fun commuter. =)
Ok fair enough. I think the 991.1 is already good enough for commuting, but I agree it would be more on the "enthusiastic" side of a commuter haha. But don't you have hundreds of other choices for that!? Such as your M5 or and M3 or a C63, stuff like that. I am sad that more and more sports cars are turning into this morning commute cars.

Verde Mantis Green M3 F80 Manual
-
Motor Journalist from Germany and BMW Genius
Appreciate 0