Garage List
2016 Toyota  [0.00]
2016 Lexus RX350  [0.00]
2015 BMW/M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
People frown at them because of those who used them for ill intentions. Not banned that I'm aware of, though fully automatic is illegal. People still do conversions for under $200 if you know the right shifty crowd.

However, I think you can purchase in NC an automatic that's pre-1967?
I think he means hunting deer with an AR. It's illegal in most states to shoot deer with a .22 cal projectile (this includes .223/5.56).

As for fully automatic weapons, you can own any pre-1986 fully automatic IF you have the money for one. It's a 200$ tax stamp plus whatever you are paying for the gun (Usually upwards of 15K). You can also own newer ones if you are a Class 3 dealer; they can only be sold to LE and Gov't. They are also subject to inspection at any time by the ATF, and if they come wanting to see it, you had better have it there.
Usually it's a mag capacity restriction that the gun can hold no more than 5. Also, depending on the state, 223 are legal, but the amo needs to meet certain energy requirements at certain yardage. I believe Nebraska use to be illegal to use 22 cal but changed to energy requirements when AR became more popular...me, I just use a 150 gr. 300 short mag. No guessing.
Appreciate 0