Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Vettel is a good dude.

This is him talking about Leclerc.

“He’s a lot younger, he’s very quick and I think the fact that - I haven’t had the chance to talk to him yet – but I will tell him later that being on the podium or not actually is a bit irrelevant for him because he has so many years ahead of him and so many podiums to come, which I’m sure of.

I did a ****** job! - Charles Leclerc's radio rant following Turkish Grand Prix
“It’s right that he is angry, he did a mistake and lost the podium that way but as I said, in the big picture probably irrelevant for him. I think I’m mature enough, I never let this kind of stuff really heat up and get between us.”

Vettel is moving on at the end of the year, joining up with Racing Point as they morph into Aston Martin Racing. But there will clearly always be a fondness towards Leclerc.

“I’m happy for anything that he achieves and will achieve in the future because he’s a good kid,” the German said. “Obviously [Turkey] was a very tough race and I think all of us, we were very close to losing it completely at various stages in the race. Obviously it’s extra painful when it happens in the last lap.”
Appreciate 1
minn1914037.50