01-18-2021, 11:08 PM   #2389
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
The small city where I work currently has both their primary and backup reservoirs offline due to PFOS contamination, and are in the process of building a filtration plant to remove it. I pay for the Brita filter on the office break room sink faucet out of my own pocket.

Our home well water is absolutely non-potable even after multi-stage treatment, and actually eats through copper pipes. (I have a plumber booked to replace every pipe in our house with PEX, because I have had enough of 3:00 AM basement flood alarms from burst pipes.)

We have weekly deliveries of water cooler bottles to our house, and typically go through 25+ gallons of spring water per week for two people in our water cooler. Several of our neighbors also have weekly deliveries of 4-5 five gallon water cooler bottles.

The break-even point between bottled water deliveries and drilling a deeper well into the next vein is over 28 years before the well would be cheaper than the bottled water, with no guarantee *that* water will be any better than what we have.

Ironically, there are charities working to provide clean drinking water to third-world countries.....
Hmmmm... dunno if you can post first world problems while living in the third world...
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615277.00