View Single Post
      07-02-2022, 12:23 PM   #1
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Purchasing a car from a private individual

I'm looking to purchase a 2003-2004 Corvette Z06 in the near future. I think there's a good possibility I'll be buying from a private party given that dealers are asking stupidly high money for these cars now. I've purchased numerous cars over the years, but have never bought one from a private party. Years ago when I sold my Infiniti G35 to a private party, we went to his bank to do a wire transfer and sign the title over. I doubt I'll get this lucky as most of the Z06s I'm looking at aren't local (150-400 miles away). I'll likely be spending around $25K and I'm not considering any Z06s where the owner doesn't have the title in hand. I will not be seeking a loan for this purchase.

For those that have done more significant private party purchases ($20K+ purchase), can you provide recommendations/experience, especially when it comes to the money. Thank you.