View Single Post
      07-02-2022, 05:11 PM   #12
br2wdc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 E90 LMB

Identified the M3 I currently own about two years ago, got in touch with the seller on a Monday. He agreed to a pre purchase inspection on Wednesday, and on Thursday I sent him a photo of the certified bank check from my credit union, and he sent me a picture of the title.

Friday I rented a car one way, and (early) Saturday AM I drove about 7 hours to the rental car office near his house where he picked me up. Gave him the check and he signed over the title and I drove it home.

Keep in mind this was full COVID-19 timeframe, and I was very honest with him every step of the way. With each step I tried to build creditability by doing exactly what I said I was going to do and it worked out.

Good luck with your search ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
For those that have done more significant private party purchases ($20K+ purchase), can you provide recommendations/experience, especially when it comes to the money. Thank you.

2011 E90 M3 | Le Mans Blue | DCT | Slicktop
“The end is inevitable Maverick, your kind is headed for extinction” … “maybe so sir, but not today” – Tom Cruise in Top Gun: Maverick
Previous: 2006 E90 330i | 6MT -- 2001 E39 540i | 6MT -- 1997 E36 M3 | Techno Violet | 5MT

Last edited by br2wdc; 07-02-2022 at 05:30 PM..
Appreciate 1