View Single Post
      09-20-2020, 09:03 PM   #16
AustinPowers007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i Coupe (6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by German1967 View Post
So your disagreement is merely based on your "opinion" with zero insight into how car cost and profitability are calculated, details and cost of U.S. certification requirements or any insight into BMW's consumer and marketing strategy?
Not sure why you feel so compelled to be argumentative here. Car manufacturers, BMW included, don't always make sound marketing decisions that mesh with consumer preferences. Just look at the hideous grill of the new 4 series if you need proof! As you pointed out, nearly one in five M4 buyers opt for the 6MT, and BMW has seen fit to continue offering that option in the 2021 model. And it's a well known fact that roadster buyers tend to have a stronger preference for manuals.

So yes, it is my OPINION that demand would be there for a Z4 with 6MT based on having owned BMWs for more than 25 years and being in touch with a great many fellow BMW owners. Unlike you, I don't automatically assume that BMW knows best in having made the decision (so far) not to offer a 6MT option in North America.

Last edited by AustinPowers007; 09-20-2020 at 09:10 PM..
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1201.50