vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Don't you just get the To/From version for EVERYONE this time of year?
To/From? Must be a California thing. Then again, I don't buy lottery tickets, or even visit stores that sell them.

My friends will not even bring up the lottery subject if I am within earshot, because they are tired of hearing my 10-minute speech about the lottery being a tax on poor people who are bad at math.

I only mentioned the idea because one of the sports car clubs that I am a member of used to have a gift "swap" for the holidays every year. Members would place a wrapped gift in a pile, and then pull numbers out of a hat. When your number was drawn, you picked a present from the pile, unwrapped it, and had the option of either keeping it or trading it for anyone else's unwrapped gift at the time. Someone would put in $35 worth of scratch-off lottery tickets in an envelope as their gift, with instructions that each holder could take one ticket out and scratch it off if someone traded for the tickets. At the end, the first person drawn (when no gifts were unwrapped yet) had the option to trade what he/she was left with for any other gift in the swap. It was always a fun event, and the lottery tickets usually changed hands 5-6 times every year.....