Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Anyone have a planned flight cancelled by an airline?

Just a head's up in case you don't know - airlines are required to offer a refund when they cancel a U.S. flight, even if as a result of COVID-19. They can give you the choice of a refund or voucher or something else, but they need to offer the refund if they cancel (but not if you cancel).

A while back, I purchased some domestic tickets for my in-laws for a Memorial Day trip we since decided would not happen due to COVID-19. I did not cancel the flight reservations, instead waiting to see if the flight would be cancelled by the airline. Sure enough it was cancelled by the airline tonight. When I went to the airline's site, there was a pop up asking me to acknowledge and accept a voucher...

There have been a lot of complaints about this issue and the U.S. DOT issued and enforcement notice last Friday:

https://www.transportation.gov/brief...carrier-refund

Needless to say, I sent in a note to them to indicate I want a refund (calling would take forever). Hopefully that gets it done without disputing the charge on my credit card or filing a complain with the U.S. DOT.

So if you have a (U.S.) flight cancelled by an airline and prefer a refund, be aware you should get one and don't get tricked by attempts to get you to take a voucher.

Good to know!

Might want to check you credit card's traveler protection plan too! You might be able to cancel on your own instead of waiting for the airline. I have an international flight this summer, but I'm waiting to see what happens.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410971.00