12-08-2019, 07:44 AM   #7
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
The intake manifold is always a big deal to me, and those cars where I can't see it, I just don't even bother opening the hood. I'm an 80's kid really, and miss the cool intakes of that era.
The intake tract was my first response I wrote as an answer, but then changed it; but it's sort of tied with the electrical layout/layout of the engine compartment. When I looked at the then new Cadillac ATS, the engine compartment layout is quite nice and tidy. Modern turbo BMWs are hideous.

In the past 15 years, the Ford GT is my favorite car. I seriously looked at buying one when they came out in '05/'06, but the financial situation would have taxed me too much. I thought I'd pick one up a few years later for half price (it being a Ford and all). Boy, was I wrong on that
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0