View Single Post
      11-15-2023, 08:51 PM   #18
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiemalibu View Post
So to add to this thread. Mrs. Malibu ended up going with a Porsche at MSRP about a year ago. Although she wanted a 911, the wait time was too long (especially since we wanted European Delivery) and with two kids -- we only had a 6 month old when I started the thread -- it just wasn't practical anymore. So we cross shopped the BMW X6M/BMW X3M and the Cayenne S/Macan S (weird cadre I know). She wasn't a fan of the X3M styling, and the X6M and (to nearly the same extent) the Cayenne were just as much tank and fighter jet as my X5MC. The Macan S was the sweet spot. As a side note, she had to get a tire replaced and an oil change a few weeks ago and they gave her a base Macan as a loaner...YIKES...the get-up-and-go got up and went in the base vs. the S. It's definitely more sports car than SUV.

Ended up getting an allocation from an Orlando area dealer with relative ease. Got our Order # around Labor Day and the car was on the ground at the dealer on Black Friday. No income verification. Just usual credit check. Interest rates on their leases are SKY-F*CKING-HIGH. But she loves "Porschie" and it's the perfect car for her 5'2" frame. Completely smooth sailing. Not quite a BMW experience, but not far off.

Also, I explained to the CA/SA in advance our tax situation and how income flows through our household and he worked it out in the finance office. Happy spouse, happy house and our house is happy one year in...
Porsche has some of the worst leasing programs known to mankind.
Appreciate 0